Portfolio marking

Portfolio marking

by Robin Smith -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all,

I'll be releasing portfolio marks today, individually to your Newman email address, for those of you who didn't have extensions. 

I will also 'release' them on the assignment submission point - there are one or two PTs who have marked them on MyCYM as you would get feedback from other assignments, but most are done using the forms which I'll email out. If there are comments on MyCYM you will also get an email form with the agreed grade. 

So check the submission point, but don't be surprised if there are no comments there. 

Also, for 1st year students, it's not unusual to get a 'referred' mark at this stage, meaning you have not yet passed. This is often to do with missing admin (e.g. placement documentation) or an error in formatting the submission (e.g. submitted in the wrong order or missing a cover sheet etc). One of the reasons we do an interim submission is so you can learn at this stage rather than the formal submission in June. 

This interim grade does not get formally recorded with the University - the only mark which counts is the June one. 

(It should also be noted that some of the PTs have made mistakes at this point - it's a learning process for all). 

Any questions, please ask me. 

Robin